COMP4670/8600 Logistics and Assessments
Piazza will be used for all course dsicussions.
Signup to Piazza at http://piazza.com/anu.edu.au/spring2021/comp4670comp8600 with access code logistic_regression
Microsoft teams (ANU edition) will be used to hold online workshops and labs/tutorials each week. The link to SML-2021 Team is here, use code “dr5q6tq” to join.
Gradescope will be used to manage assignment submissions and give feedback.
- Register for Gradescope at http://gradescope.com using your ANU e-mail and include your student ID number with sign-up. Use the entry code 86K83Z to sign up for this course.
- A detailed guide about how to submit your assignemnt to Gradescope is here https://help.gradescope.com/article/ccbpppziu9-student-submit-work
- Online quiz, 2%, hurdle (due sometime in the first 5 weeks)
- Assignment 1, 25% (due Monday 23:59 week 6)
- Assignment 2, 25% (due Monday 23:59 week 11)
- Video assignment, 18% (due Tuesday 23:59 week 12)
Final exam, 30% (online, during examination period)
Practice assignment for using Gradescope to upload programming assignments, 0%, sometime in the first 5 weeks
Community building for remote learning and assignment pairing: Short self-info video or text, upload to Piazza. 0%
- Students can submit Assignment 1 and Assignment 2 in a self-formed team of size 1 or 2 people.
- Students submitting in a pair act as one unit:
- Both of the two students should fully understand all the answers in their submission
- Each student in the pair must understand the solution well enough in order to reconstruct it by him/herself
- In the case of team submission, the assignment should include a brief statement about who contributed what.
- In most cases, students in the same team can expect to get the same mark for the team assignment
The video assignment is an individual assignment.
- Each student are expected to upload a video talking about one topic from the assignments or labs, and the thinking behind it.
- The length of the video should be between 4 to 8 minutes, with an under- and over- length penalty being 1 point per 10 seconds (or part thereof).
- Grading scheme for the video assignment will be made available in advance of the due date.
Assignment submission that are late from 1 min to 24 hours attract a 5% penalty (of possible marks available).
Submissions late by more than 24 hours will not be accepted.
Lecture recordings and online workshops
Tutorials and labs
Attend one lab per week. Sign up for your preferred lab session on [Wattle]().
Solutions for each week’s lab will be published at the end of that week. Until that time the hyperlinks will simply be broken.