Call for Contributions
The human in the loop machine learning workshop aims to bring together people who are working on systems where machine learning is only part of the solution, another key part of which residing in the presence of the human for various reasons or aspects (cognitive, control, feedback, evaluation, etc.). Participants will exchange ideas and experiences on human in the loop machine learning.
Topics of interest include:
- System architectures that allow for human decision making
- User interfaces for interacting with machine learning systems
- Validation of human in the loop software systems
- Viewpoints from traditional fields such as reinforcement learning and Bayesian optimisation
- Challenges related to the human presence in the loop (privacy, bias, fairness, etc.)
- Case studies of deployed machine learning
We invite submissions to the workshop on any of the above topics. The submissions should be a PDF document up to 4 pages long (including references) in the ICML style. The submission need not be anonymized. Submissions should be made through the EasyChair system:
- Deadline for submissions : June 5th 2017
- Notification of acceptance : June 26th, 2017 (delayed)
- Workshop date : Aug 11th, 2017
In the spirit of open discussion and forward looking ideas, the review criteria for the submissions will integrate the following key points:
- Interestingness of the setting or the proposed system design
- Relevance to the topics of the workshop (see above)
- Potential for sparking discussion, for example when there are conflicting requirements.
- Does the submission give a new direction for research?